Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Sunday, November 26, 2023
[Emanations Zen』は、カーター・カプラン博士によるエマネーションズ シリーズの 第10 巻です。カラーに関する私の短い文章とモノクロの8作品が収録されています。
("Emanations Zen" is the 10th book in the Emanations series by Dr. Carter Kaplan. Contains my short texts about color and 8 black and white works.)
Monday, November 20, 2023
Saturday, November 18, 2023
Notwithstanding intriguing claims (see HERE) that Theodor Adorno wrote The Beatles' music, Adorno himself suggests the notion is preposterous.
Of course, any and all narratives of rebellion should be relegated to the management of the responsible authorities.
Friday, November 17, 2023
Thursday, November 16, 2023
Over 25 Paradise Lost items, from $5 to $100,000. Most signed by Terrance Lindall.
Please click HERE.
Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Monday, November 13, 2023
Sunday, November 12, 2023
When we speak of knowing God, it must be understood with reference to man's limited powers of comprehension. God, as He really is, is far beyond man's imagination, let alone understanding. God has revealed only so much of Himself as our minds can conceive and the weakness of our nature can bear.
|Clouds over Jupiter, NASA/JPL|
Friday, November 10, 2023
Thursday, November 9, 2023
Wednesday, November 8, 2023
Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Sunday, November 5, 2023
- Carter Kaplan
- Carter Kaplan is the author of The Invisible Tower Trilogy: Echoes, We Reign Secure, and The Sky-Shaped Sarcophagus. His first novel is Tally-Ho, Cornelius! Diogenes is an Aristophanic comedy. Editor of Emanations; IA edition of The Scarlet Letter with Afterword, "A" is for Antinomian: Theology and Politics in The Scarlet Letter; the anthology Fantasy Worlds. Co-translator and editor of Creation of the World by Torquato Tasso. Book on Wittgenstein and literary theory: Critical Synoptics. Articles on “Karel Čapek,” “Menippean Satire” and “Dystopian Literature” in The Encyclopedia of Literature and Politics. Articles on "Herman Melville" and "Michael Butterworth" in A Dictionary of the Avant-Gardes (which has an article about him). A chapter on William Blake and Michael Moorcock appears in New Boundaries in Political Science Fiction. Teaching includes Literature, Philosophy, and post-graduate Medical Research Writing in universities ranging across Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York City, and Scotland.
Crossroads of the Highbrow Commonwealth
- Western Civilization rediscovers that it is lost i...
- Emanations Zen on the road to Mt. Fuji
- Happy Thanksgiving
- A series of diverting images
- The aesthetics of rocket thrust boiling through th...
- I.Q. Test (are you a highbrow?)
- Adorno and The Beatles
- Blog Layout Issues
- Paradise Lost inspired books and art by Terrance L...
- Technology for Youth
- Meaningless juxtaposition, not even Dada
- (More) highbrow advice from John Milton
- Mobile numbers
- Bill Ectric's video interpretation of "Theorizing ...
- F-111B - McNamara's Highbrow Concept Flops
- Offbeat drollery in a popular vernacular
- Yemeni stamps, 1970
- New boundaries in contemporary education - a progn...
- Emanations Zen arrives in India
- Another highbrow observation from Virgil
- Marcel Duchamp on the cover of Vogue, still a sens...
- Another Yoko Wannabe?
- ▼ November (24)
- ► 2022 (29)
- ► 2021 (32)
- ► 2020 (147)
- ► 2019 (211)
- ► 2018 (165)
- ► 2017 (146)
- ► 2016 (171)
- ► 2015 (107)
- ► 2014 (147)
- ► 2013 (136)
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (16)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (26)